The topic of health and wellness is definitely one that fascinates me and is extremely important to me, as I'm sure it is to you too. Over the years I've done a lot of research, but this discovery of Dr. Al Sears has really made me think. And then think some more. And then read everything I could find about it.
What on earth are telomeres? Was my first question. As it turns out...they're quite a big deal when it comes to aging.
Telomeres are tiny pieces of your DNA. Each time your cells divide, it decreases your telomere length.
In 1984. the Australian-born Professor Elizabeth Blackburn and Carol W. Greider made an exciting discovery for anti-aging which is known as the enzyme Telomerase. The importance of this enzyme is that it rebuilds telomeres, which also means lengthening them.
The key to healthy, youthful cells is longer telomeres.
Telo-Essence II is the natural and groundbreaking result of years of biomedical research. It is the new and improved, ten times stronger product which stems from the Ultra Essence supplement by Dr Al Sears and Primal Force.
It is in a brand new category of nutritional supplement. I have come to understand that this Biomedical breakthrough of a nutritional supplement can literally turn back the clock.
I think you will agree that this is a claim that so many products make, but don't deliver on, and many turn out to be a disappointing scam.
The best advice I can give you is this. See for yourself! You will start to notice a change in yourself in the first week.
It comes down to your personal ability to regain telomere length, and in turn reverse those weary and annoying signs of aging. Most recent studies are coming to the conclusion that aging and the effect it has had on our bodies up until now, can be redeemed with the medical understanding and technology we currently have.
I consider this new nutrient-dense telomere health technology just as miraculous as taking a rose and re-connecting it at the stem from which it sourced its life-giving food. Regenerating that flow of many minerals, vitamins and numerous other ingredients to keep the petals from withering. The rose always has a short life-span sipping on water from a vase. I feel we do the same with our own bodies though, by the way we feed our precious bodies, and simply 'hope for the best'.
It is not about vanity. This is a revolutionary health product, jam-packed with life-giving ingredients - vitamins, minerals
- Green Tea extract
- N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC)
- Vitamin E (mixed tocotrienols)
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D3
- Milk Thistle (Silymarin extract)
- Ginko Biloba
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B6
- Riboflavin (B2)
- TMG (trimethylglycine)
- Acetyl L-Carnitine
- Magnesium Citrate
- Asian Ginseng
- Horny Goat Weed
You will find this all-in-one product very convenient and not to mention great on savings. You can alternatively buy all of the individual bottles of vitamins and supplements in health shops, the ingredients are there but very costly to buy separately. Which is why having it on one container is not only cost-effective but saves a lot of time and if you're like me, much preferred over taking a lot of tablets and multiple powders every day.
Make it a habit to not go a day without Telo-Essence II and you will be battling this process head on. Not to mention restoring the telomeres that have already taken a shortening blow over the years. Research suggests that you can reverse the signs of aging up to 20 years. The longer your telomeres become, the more younger cells your body will start to produce.
It is a miracle product that is natural, potent, life-giving and it is simply what our bodies have been missing from the average diet.
I can't wait to hear about how Telo-Essence II has changed your life.
Come back and comment, it makes my day! Make sure to share your Telo-Essence II journey with your loved ones too.
It’s good to be back home in South Florida. But I’m already looking forward to traveling again this year. I’ve been invited to speak at the 22nd Annual World Congress on Anti-Aging, Regenerative and Aesthetic Medicine in Las Vegas.
It’s a big deal because the A4M conference in Las Vegas is the biggest anti-aging conference in the world.
And the biggest story there will be telomere biology.
Telomeres are the tiny bindings at the end of each of your strands of DNA.
You already know that your telomeres are like a ticking biological clock.
Each time your cells divide, a tiny bit of each telomere gets used up. Over time, these telomeres get shorter and shorter until your DNA can no longer make correct copies, and that cell stops working.
This process happens slowly, and it makes your cells act older and weaker.
But what you may not know is just how many of today’s most widespread conditions and illnesses are associated with shorter telomeres.
Research shows that with longer telomeres, you have a better chance to avoid almost every illness and disease. Here are the top 10 health goals you can achieve if you keep your telomeres longer:
- Keep your memory sharp – The famous Nurses’ Health Study looked at the telomeres of 2000 women, and found that those people with longer telomeres had less cognitive decline. Each unit increase in telomere length is like your brain acting a year younger! 1
- Stay happy and energized – Depression is now associated with cell aging. The longer your telomeres, the less likely you are to be depressed no matter your age.2
- Maintain a strong heart – The younger your cells act, the less likely you are to suffer from cardiovascular disease.3
- Stay lean and healthy – A study done just a few months ago found that obese children have telomeres that are 24% shorter than non-obese children.4
- Keep your eyesight – Longer telomeres mean a nearly 50% reduced risk for eye disease. And people with cataracts who had longer telomeres had less severe cases that those with shorter telomeres.5
- Have perfect blood sugar – People with diabetes have significantly shorter telomeres than people without. The longer your telomeres, the better chance you have of avoiding diabetes. Also, among those with diabetes, longer telomeres mean a less severe case with fewer complications.6
- Get healthy teeth and gums – Most people don’t think of disease originating in the mouth, but your gums are a direct path to the rest of your body. Gum disease is an indicator of inflammation in your body. People with gum disease had 23% shorter telomeres. Those with longer telomeres had no gum disease, and lower markers of inflammation.7
- Sleep soundly – In China, they looked at the immune systems of people with sleep apnea compared to people who slept normally. The ratio of white blood cells with longer telomeres was significantly higher in healthy people than for people with sleep apnea.8
- Have pain-free and mobile joints – Telomeres appear to shorten faster for people with rheumatoid arthritis. Longer telomeres are associated with lower risk for the immune disease.9
- Look younger and have more youthful skin – Did you know that even for identical twins, the one with longer telomeres always looks younger than the twin with shorter telomeres? What’s more, the twins who looked younger than their true age had better health and longer survival rates than their older-looking siblings.
Fortunately for you, we now have the ability to influence the length of these tiny genetic clocks. You can have younger acting cells and help avoid age-related problems by maintaining your telomere length.
The science of telomere biology is always moving forward, so I want you to take these three steps to help maintain the length of your telomeres.
Step 1) Lower Your Homocysteine: This amino acid can build up inside you and threaten your heart health … but high homocysteine also triples the speed at which your telomeres shorten.10Here’s what I use with my patients (amounts are daily) to lower homocysteine:
- Vitamin B12 – 500 mcg
- Folic acid – 800 mcg
- Vitamin B6 – 25 mg
- Riboflavin (B2) – 25 mg
- TMG (Trimethylglycine) – 500 mg
You can find these at your local health food store. If you don’t want to take them all separately, you can use the formula I give my patients.
Step 2) Take Vitamin C: Recent studies now show this antioxidant can slow telomere shortening by over 50%.11 I recommend 3000 mg per day split into two doses.
Step 3) Eat More Brightly-Colored Vegetables: People who eat the most vegetables have significantly longer telomeres. And vegetables with the most beta carotene have the biggest benefit to telomere length.12
By bright I also mean bright green, too. This also includes spirulina and chlorella, two little known but powerful superfoods.
And stay tuned because tomorrow I’m going to show you another completely natural way to maintain your telomeres. It’s a great story…
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD
1. Devore E, Prescott J, De Vivo I, Grodstein F. “Relative telomere length and cognitive decline in the Nurses’ Health Study.” Neurosci Lett. 2011;492(1):15-8.
2. Wolkowitz O, et. al. “Leukocyte telomere length in major depression:” PLoS One. 2011;6(3):e17837.
3. De Meyer T, Rietzschel E, De Buyzere M, Van Criekinge W, Bekaert S. “Telomere length and cardiovascular aging: the means to the ends?” Ageing Res Rev. 2011;10(2):297-303.
4. Buxton J, Walters R, Visvikis-Siest S, Meyre D, Froguel P, Blakemore AI. “Childhood obesity is associated with shorter leukocyte telomere length.” J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011 May;96(5):1500-5.
5. Sanders J, et. al. “The association of cataract with leukocyte telomere length in older adults:” J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2011 Jun;66(6):639-45.
6. Testa R. “Leukocyte telomere length is associated with complications of Type-2 diabetes mellitus.” Diabet Med. 2011 Jun 21.
7. Masi S, et. al. “Oxidative stress, chronic inflammation, and telomere length in patients with periodontitis.” Free Radic Biol Med. 2011 Mar 15;50(6):730-5.
8. Lin L, Li T. “Alteration of telomere length of the peripheral white blood cells in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.” Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2011;31(3):457-60.
9. Costenbader K, Prescott J, Zee RY, De Vivo I. “Immunosenescence and rheumatoid arthritis: does telomere shortening predict impending disease?” Autoimmun Rev. 2011;10(9):569-73.
10. Richards J, et al. Homocysteine levels and leukocyte telomere length. Atherosclerosis. 2008 Feb 14.
11. Furumoto K, et al. Age-dependent telomere shortening is slowed down by enrichment of intracellular vitamin C via suppression of oxidative stress., Life Sciences 63(11):935-48, 1998.
12. Marcon F, Siniscalchi E, Crebelli R, Saieva C, Sera F, Fortini P, Simonelli V, Palli D. “Diet-related telomere shortening and chromosome stability.” Mutagenesis. 2011 Aug 19.
I didn't catch your name...
Join the Bananas Club to keep in touch and receive the latest news and updates + a bunch of other great things